Sunday, May 22, 2011

Failed At Love Once More

I know I am not a perfect man,
I stumble, curse, and lose my way,
Maybe this is part of God's plan,
To get me through to the next day.

I thought I found the one in you,
The one to have and hold and love,
Our love could not be any more true,
My life long gift sent from above.

Yet here we are now miles apart,
I cannot see you or hear you talk,
But you're forever in my heart,
In spirit through life we'll always walk.

I gave you more than ever before,
My every thought you did consume,
But when I saw you close the door,
I knew my life was headed for doom.

And now you're gone and here I am,
No one now to wipe my tears,
About new love don't give a damn,
I still want you for all my years.

I see you walking into the distance,
Guess our love's not worth fighting for,
This was my final attempt at romance,
But I see I failed at love once more.

No comments: